The Fuji Oil Group’s stakeholders
The Fuji Oil Group has identified the main stakeholders on whom its business activities can exert a positive or negative impact.
|Main stakeholders||Communication examples (frequency)|
|Shareholders and investors||
|Business partners and subcontractors||
|NGOs/NPOs and experts||
Dialogue with stakeholders
Stakeholder dialogue is an essential activity for the Fuji Oil Group and sets the foundation for our ESG management. Through dialogue, we identify stakeholders’ expectations and concerns regarding our activities, which allows us to make improvements and meet our responsibilities as a corporate citizen. We also use the results of this dialogue to identify material ESG issues and formulate our Sustainability Report.
Example: Incorporating expert opinion
For example, in FY2016, we started holding an annual dialogues with a panel of experts on business and human rights.* These sessions are always joined by executives from Fuji Oil Holdings, including senior executives who also sit on the Group's board of directors. We use the insights and advice gained in these dialogues to carry out human rights initiatives. For example, in FY2020 we updated our palm oil grievance procedure based on dialogues held in FY2019.
Actions taken following dialogues with experts
- Formulated the Human Rights Policy and introduced human rights due diligence (April 2017)
- Established and announced a grievance mechanism (May 2018)
- Published a list of oil mills in our supply chain (June 2018)
- Disclosed an updated Grievance Procedure (April 2020)
- Published a Supplier Code of Conduct (April 2021)
* Follow the link below to learn more about the expert dialogue.
External initiatives we support and participate in
- UN Global Compact (UNGC)
- The Consumer Goods Forum
- Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)
- Global Shea Alliance
- World Cocoa Foundation (WCF)
- Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Japan Sustainable Palm Oil Network (JaSPON)
- Platform for Sustainable Cocoa in Developing Countries
- Round Table on Responsible Soy (RTRS)
Endorsing the UN Global Compact