2020.9.11Notification of UPGRADE Plant based kitchen’s participation in SCAFFF2030’s Sustainability Week
Our “Upgrade plant based kitchen,” a dining establishment based in Daimaru Shinsaibashi Store (Osaka City), will take part in the SCAFFF2030 (Sustainability Consortium 2030 - for Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Food) Project’s “Sustainability Week (Sustaina-Week),” running from September 17th to the 27th.
The SCAFFF2030 Project aims at attaining the sustainable development goals (SDGs) outlined by the United Nations by the year 2030. The project is a collaborative effort, done with the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, the Consumer Affairs Agency and the Ministry of the Environment to promote activities that contribute to the propagation of sustainable production and consumption.
The “Sustaina-Week” aims at raising awareness about sustainability among people, with “a daily choice for a green future” as the catchphrase. It’s a period when companies and organizations engaging in activities to achieve sustainable production and consumption can bring these initiatives for the future to the attention of people. The six items that are being taken into account related to sustainability in food and the agriculture, forestry and fisheries industries are climate change, biodiversity, water, waste and loss, partnership and resilience, and soil. Each participating project member will have information related to their initiatives for these items exhibited and promoted.
Sustaina-Week, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Webpage
|Sustaina-Week Period||September 17 (Thurs) – September 27 (Sun), 2020|
|PR Area||UPGRADE Plant based kitchen shop, SNS|
|PR Method||Common logo will be displayed, sustainable products that we highly recommended will be promoted|
|Sustainable Products||A menu featuring soy meat made from soybeans, which are environmentally-friendly|
|Items that we take into account related to sustainability in food and the agriculture, forestry and fisheries industries|
|Water||The water required for the production of one kilogram of soybeans is only 12% of what is required to produce one kilogram of beef|
|Climate Change||Getting protein from soybeans will also help make contributions to reducing the methane gas emissions that livestock produce|
Other ESG Initiatives at the Upgrade Plant base kitchen
- Environmentally-friendly LIMEX and bags made with 50% biomass are used
- Paper-based cartons are used
- We have opened a store in the main building of Daimaru Shinsaibashi, an ESG Model Store belonging to the J. Front Retailing Group (*Please direct inquiries to the Daimaru Shinsaibashi)
1. Electricity is generated through 100% renewable energy
2. Lighting inside the building and in the backyard has been converted to 100% LED
3. Raising efficiency of deliveries through unified management of distribution throughout the building and using environmentally-friendly packaging material
UPGRADE Plant based kitchen
A plant-based food deli focused on soybeans, built on the concept of changing the world with soybeans
Having opened on September 20th, 2019, we’ll have our first year anniversary during Sustaina-Week.
1-7-1, Shinsaibashisuji, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka
Daimaru Shinsaibashi Store Main building B2F Shinsaibashi foods hall
- Inquiries are accepted during company hours on weekdays.
Working hours: 9:00 AM ~ 5:00 PM, Monday ~ Friday
(Inquiries are not accepted on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, the year-end holiday season, the summer vacation season, and company holidays.)
- Please note that it may take considerable time for us to respond to your inquiry, depending on the matter raised.
Please also note that we may not be able to provide a response, depending on the matter raised.
- Replies will be sent to the individual customer. Please refrain from forwarding, making secondary use of, or disclosing any reply, in whole or in part, to any third party, without the permission of our company.
- Because we may furnish a reply by telephone, please enter a telephone number where you can be contacted during the day.
Click the send button if the text is correct.
We have received your inquiry. Thank you for sending it.